1. Arm chairs are excellent for extra seating in your living room. Wherever you place an arm chair, however, be sure there is enough room to walk around it.
2. Accent the decor of the room with a gorgeous traditional arm chair or a sleek contemporary arm chair.
3. Create a reading nook with a sumptuous leather arm chair placed next to a small table and reading lamp.
4. Maximize space in a small room with a swivel arm chair. Take care to place end tables and whatnot a foot away from the chair to avoid catastrophe.
5. A couple of wicker arm chairs in a sun room will inspire afternoon tea time with friends.
6. A small, stylish upholstered arm chair will transform a hallway and link it stylistically to adjoining rooms.
7. Put a red (for luck!) arm chair in the entryway or mud room to remind people entering your home to remove their shoes.
8. A fireplace can present exactly the kind of decorating challenge that arm chairs are designed to overcome. Place two in front of the fire and enjoy endless cozy evenings.
9. Whether in front of a vanity or at the foot of the bed, a fabric accent chair anywhere in the bedroom adds cohesion and comfort. Microfiber, silk, duck, tweed ... whatever the texture you're looking for, you'll find it here.
10. A nice, simple black arm chair will look great in front of the computer work station.