1. You'll appreciate the sumptuous feel of a leather barrel chair, which has a high back and arms to surround and support your whole upper body. Even if your other furniture is upholstered in fabric, you can feel free to mix it up by adding leather accent seating.
2. It's easier to follow the action in your living room from a swivel barrel chair. Since these chairs often have tall arms, it can be difficult to twist around and see everything. The swivel function does all the work so you can stay involved.
3. Although rustic and novel, sitting in an actual barrel can be uncomfortable, so get upholstered barrel chairs instead. Feel free to experiment with bold patterns and colors to perk up your seating area.
4. Barrel chairs enjoyed tremendous popularity in the mid-20th century, and are back in fashion now that retro has become modern again. Update your traditional home or complement your contemporary one with a pair of these cozy accent chairs.
5. Perfect as accessories for your sofa or sectional, barrel chairs can also be used in a secondary seating area for reading and conversation. These compact and comfortable chairs can be tucked almost anywhere in your home.